Saturday, September 17, 2011

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Share Your Tips!

Dear Master Gardeners and Friends,

The "3 R's: Living Green" seminar is coming up soon.  I have been preparing for it and thinking green ever since I accepted Linda Westphal's invitation to talk.  It's time to move on to the next step and share these fun projects with an audience.   I look forward to it!

In the process of writing tutorials and reading my "Living Green" daily calendar and jotting down more notes than I will ever have time to share, I was thinking about the people who will attend this workshop.  Will they be the type who want to see my earrings made from soda cans?  or will they like the napkin rings made from toilet paper rolls better?  In this dialogue with myself, I found myself wishing I could know all the living green tips that the audience members are already practicing.  Gardeners are resourceful people.  Master Gardeners extraordinarily so.

I have a top ten list of favorite 'reduce, reuse, recycle' tips that I use in my daily life.  Here's an opportunity to share your favorite tips with others.

Please email me:  damselfly52@gmail.com

I would like to know your top favorite ways of living green.  It doesn't have to be something unique.  It can be something tried and true, such as:

* composting all your kitchen scraps
* recycling your newspapers
* saving all the rubberbands that come with your vegetables in the market
* turning off the water faucet while you brush your teeth (one of my continued challenges)
* turning off the lights whenever you leave a room

I think you get the picture.

I want to know what others are doing to 'reduce, reuse, recycle' and I'll compile the list and share with all of you.  Maybe one of your tips will inspire others.  This is my hope.

Send me your tips and ideas, as many or as few as you would like to include.  In turn, I will compile the list of ideas and send it back to you after the seminar.

Sincerely,

Kimberly Ylitalo
Master Gardener
damselfly52@gmail.com
http://www.claybankmastergardeners.blogspot.com


P.S.  And if anyone has a brainstorm way of recycling the big blue plastic Maxwell House coffee containers, aside from the obvious use as a container, I sure would LOVE to hear it.  We need to get some smart brains thinking outside the box on this one....and figure a smart way to reuse these items!

No comments:

Post a Comment