Thursday, December 28, 2017

Poo Spray

When I first discovered this DIY home-made spray, little did I know how often I would refill it.  It is so fun and easy to make and works like a charm.  Note to self, send a thank you to the original makers of "Poo-Pourri." To watch the funny video that is laugh-out-loud crassly hysterical and instructional, click here to view!

I ordered the original product a few times and reuse the bottles.  I've given this DIY spray as a gift, carried them with me in my travel toiletry kit, and have them in each of my bathrooms here at home.  

Super easy to make, here's the recipe.  There are too many scent options to list but I'll note my favorites below.

Supplies:

4-8 oz. spray bottle (or bigger, just double or triple the recipe)
Witch Hazel (or rubbing alcohol but I prefer the odorless Witch Hazel)
various Essential Oils "Poo-Pourri,"(see list for suggestions below)
Water


RECIPE:

Mix the following ingredients in a glass jar and then pour into your spray bottle.  You may have some ingredients left over or you may want to make a double batch. It all depends on the size of your spray bottle.  I've used spray bottles as small as 2 oz. (to fit tidily into my travel kit) and up to 8 oz. (that can be kept in a cupboard near the commode for easy access).

1/2 cup water
2 Tablespoons Witch Hazel
15 drops of each of these essential oils:
bergamot, lemongrass, and lemon (this is the original "poo-pourri" scent).

Directions for use: Shake bottle and spray into the toilet 7-9 times before you 'go poo.'

Scent combinations:

*15 drops each bergamot, lemongrass, and lemon (original scent and LOVE this one!)
*15 drops sweet orange, 8 drops of clove (LOVE)
*15 drops each lavender and vanilla (LOVE)
*15 drops each spearmint and eucalyptus (like this one, too!)
*15 drops each pine and juniper (manly)
*15 drops each eucalyptus, peppermint, and lavender (have not tried this one yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment