Monday, June 8, 2015

South Tulsa Living -June Issue column


This is me, doing another happy dance.  So fun to see the fruits of my labor in hard copy print again this month. I've definitely gotten some mileage from this  DIY Williams-Sonoma Signature Store scent recipe. It has served me well and I am forever grateful for the additional opportunities to write about it.

Since writing the article for South Tulsa Living (STL), there have been two additional opportunities to work up these 'magical, sweet swelling potions.'  Thank you, Terri Jeffers, editor of STL, for your idea of giving these sweet scents as teacher gifts.  On Mother's Day, I gathered all the ingredients for making this recipe and took them to my grandson's house. We then made up a couple of jars to give to Gavin's teachers at Riverfield Country Day School.  

In addition, I had a jar of the above-pictured 'orange and cinnamon' scent in my refrigerator for a month before putting it on the stove to simmer. It was as fresh smelling as the day I made it.   

A special thank you to my sister-in-law, Jill, for sending Gavin and I a supply of eye droppers.  All the better to make potions with, my dear.  

To read the entire magazine article, click HERE!


1 comment:

  1. Great article Kimberly! I can almost smell it from here- mm-mm.

    ReplyDelete